Davide Ciccheti: “Happy to meet a reality I did not know”
We are in the days of the first edition NRTA Conduction Competition and as we saw seen this is a competition with an high level of participation from all over the world. During the time of rehearsals in the hall of the University of Arts we had the opportunity to interview the organizer of this competition Davide Ciccheti.
Matilda Gjika talked to him. Find following their discussion:
Mr. Chiccheti how did the co-operation with Albania for this competition?
– It was born starting from the friendship with Mr. Ciko. We talked about our projects which are education projects, masterclasses and competitions all over the world.
Mr. Ciko had heard about these competitions especially for Antal Doratin, who we organized in Budapest, and suggested the idea in Albania. I asked him what the most appropriate institution was, he spoke to me about the orchestra of Radio Television and so we started the project.
– What do you think of the RTSh Orchestra?
– It is wonderful! First of all I have to thank you for being highly disciplined, because since this is very important for the competition because time is essential, they are also enthusiastic about doing this and they like to work with new conductors. I think we have found a good reality with whom we cooperate.
-Is this your first time in Tirana?
– It’s the third time. I came to meet Zhani and we talked about different projects. Tirana has immediately impressed me, I have seen a city that is moving forward of many cultural opportunities so it has made me a very good impression.
– How about the participation in the competition?
– Extraordinary, nearly 200 requests from which we selected 75 directors after we had a certain number, 73 of them came here from 34 different countries of the world. This is an international project that has passed our expectations
Is it going to be another edition?
– I hope, yes, we have spoken now with Zhani, Aristidh and the orchestral directors and we hope to make another educational project which can be a masterclass or a porn competition in the coming years as it can not be done every year but I think that starting from this base we can do something even bigger.
– In Albania?
– Yeah. We have four projects this year in France, Kazakhstan, Hungary and Bulgaria, but I think that in Albania we will program other things as we have received a positive response.
-Thank you for this interview
– Thank you all, I am very happy to know this reality I had known.