International “Pjeter Gaci” Contest Results
International “Pjeter Gaci” Contest , 16-th edition took place in “Migjeni” Theater under the organisation of Shkodra Municipality and Cultural Centre “Pjeter Gaci”.
On April 26, 2017 the first day of competition the participants competed in two categories:
A) Brass instruments- here are the finalists that came out to compete on saturday april 26, at 19.00
1. Ejlyl Sakka from Prizreni – Flaut
2. Luigj Velaj from Shkodra – Oboe
3. Hysni Jusufi and Edvin Shala from Prizreni – Duo clarinet
4. Valon Kryeziu from Peja – clarinet
5. Xhovana Marku fromTirana – Oboe
B) Canto – the winners of this category are:
1. Riad Bashi from Shkodra
2. Eugjen Marku “Prenkë Jakova” prize)
On April 27, 2017 – the second day, it took place the strings competition, here are the winners of this category to compete on saturday April 29, 2017 at 19.00.
1. Klaudio Zoto – Cello
2. Milena Jaramaz – Violin
3. Laura Llozi – Violin
4. Marsiona Bardhi – Violin
On April 28, 2017 – The third day it was the category of Piano, here are the winners of this category to compete on saturday April 29, 2017 at 19.00.
1. Klaudia Gjini
2. Eda Vllaco
3. Hera Marku
4. Aleks Shameti
5. Mikea Kakusi
6. Jonathan Verkuj
7. Marvin Beli
8. Grideld Bukri
The 16th edition of the “Pjeter Gaci” Prize, held during the four days at the “Migjeni” Theater, was closed last night on April 29, 2017.
In this edition were attended by 132 competitors from all over Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and beyond, who competed in four musical disciplines: Piano, Strings, Canto and for the first time, Brass Instruments discipline.
From auditions held in three days, 26-27-28 April 2017, were announced 19 winners from all disciplines, who competed in the final night for the “Pjeter Gaci” award.
This year, in the 100th anniversary of the birth of Prenkë Jakova, the composer of the first Albanian opera “Mrika”, Eugjen Marku was awarded the Best Performer for a lyricist’s work. This is a special prize on the ocassion of this important aniversary. Eugjen Marku is a student at “Prenkë Jakova”, Music High School in Shkodra.
“Pjetër Gaci” special prize Universitety of Arts”, Tirana student. Xhovana Marku, performed Oboe Concert – Hayden.
This festival edition jury was made up of personalities from different music disciplines:
1. Josif Gjipali – Tenor, internationally well-known. Universitety of Arts Professor Tirana;
2. Frano Lufi – Bas, internationally reknown.
3. Marjana Leka – Soprano in National Opera and Ballet Theater, U”niversitety of Arts” professor
1. Vladimir Milosevic – Pianist. Universitetin e Arts Professor, Beograd
2. Kristina Laço – Pianist. Universitety of Arts Professor, Tirana. Music Faculty vice/dean
Daniela Dikova – Pianist. University of Arts Professor, Sofie Bulgaria
1. Hajredin Hoxha – Cellis. Pedagog në Universitety of Arts in Ankara and Concert-maestër cellist department in Ankara Symphonic Orchestra
2. Sihana Badivuku – Violinist. University of Prishtina, Professor, Kosova
3. Xhoan Shkreli – Violinist “La Fenice”Theater, Venice, Italy.
Brass instruments discipline:
1. Venera Kajtazi-Mehmetagaj – Flautist. Prishtina University professor
2. Sokol Toto – Clarinetist. Artistic Director of ART Orchestra
3. Sokol Marku – Trombonist. “Prenkë Jakova”, music high school profesor
By : Xhulio Gjeçaj